Some emotions are powerful than other emotions and one such emotion that has the capacity to have a huge impact on you is your anger. It is nothing but gloomy, destructive, and negative but powerful emotion. And the more is the intensity of a negative emotion, the more harm it will do to you, your life, and your people. But humans rarely tend to have any control on strong human emotions. And similarly, anger is a state of a person’s mind that can seem hard to control. So here we have brought the best collection of Anger Quotes to help you to conquer your anger step by step.
Why is anger harmful?
Moderate and short-lived angry moments are normal. But when your anger seems to go out of your hands and is prolonged, you lose your peace of mind. It does not only degrade your mental but physical health too, which in turn damages your social ties and professional performance.
How to control anger?
There are many ways in which you can limit the anger and claim your peace of mind back. It can be through meditation, counseling, etc. Everyone is different so everyone is supposed to have their own way of dealing with anger. Try to find your, take help if needed.
So here we have brought some Anger Quotes that you can look up to in your journey of anger management:
Anger Quotes and Sayings
- Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one. – Benjamin Franklinse
- Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean. – Angelou
- Hatred is an affair of the heart; contempt that of the head. – Schopenhauer
- How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it. – Aurelius
- It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either. – Dyer
- A man in a passion, rides a mad horse. – Benjamin Franklin
- Anger ventilated often hurries toward forgiveness; and concealed often hardens into revenge. – Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present. – Barbara De Angelis
- There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot. – Plato
- A quarrelsome man has no good neighbours. – Benjamin Franklin
- Anger is often more hurtful than the injury that caused it.
- Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind. – Robert Green Ingersoll
- Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath. – Eckhart Tolle
- Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you are. – Cherie Carter-Scott
- Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean. – Maya Angelou
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. – Buddha
- A man can’t eat anger for breakfast and sleep with it at night and not suffer damage to his soul. – Garrison Keillor
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. – Albert Einstein
- Do not teach your children never to be angry; teach them how to be angry. – Lyman Abbott
- Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose. – Baltasar Gracian
- Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep. – Gandhi
- There’s nothing wrong with anger provided you use it constructively. – Dyer
- When angry, count four; when very angry, swear. – Twain
- If you kick a stone in anger you will hurt your foot. – Korean
- If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. – Chinese Proverb
- Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. – Bierce
- Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong. – Gracian
- Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame. – Franklin
- When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred. – Jefferson
- One should not lose one’s temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end. – Gracian
Anger Quotes on Love
- It is so great to love, but hell when you are hurt. – Gabeth Williams
- Love is like the story of Frankenstein. You love the creation of your love until it turns against you then all you want to do is kill it. – Martin Shows
- Love is like a bubblegum, juicy and sweet at first chew. But when you get hurt it turns tasteless and you want to spit it out. – Jennifer Short
- The best thing that a man could say to his woman is “I love you”. But the worst thing that he could say is “Goodbye”. – Beth Starr
- Trust is very important in a relationship. It is like a glass that when it is broken you cannot put it back. – Sylvester Livingston
- Do not waste yourself in rejection; do not bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Love is the life of our heart. According to it, we desire, rejoice, hope and despair, fear, take heart, hate, avoid things, feel sad, grow angry, and exult. – Anonymous
- Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible. – Mother Teresa
- You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. – Walt Disney
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. – Albert Einstein
Best 20 Anger Management Quotes
- Only when a mosquito lands on your testicles, will you truly learn that there is always a way to solve problems without using anger and violence. – Confucius
- The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. – Joseph Joubert
- A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. – Buddha
- One that angers you controls you. Don’t give anyone that power! Especially the one who does it intentionally.
- Speak when you are angry and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret. – Ambrose Brierce
- For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness.
- Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. – Buddha
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intend of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. – Buddha
- Anger doesn’t solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything.
- Forgive people in your life, even those who are not sorry for their actions. Holding on to anger only hurts, not them.
- Don’t let yourself get so angry that you stop loving, because one day you will wake up from that anger and the person you love won’t be around anymore. – Dawson’s Creek
- Give yourself permission to feel anger, pain, and resentment. Relax, then let it go with love.
- Nobody makes you angry by speaking the truth, only you decided to use anger as a response.
- Don’t promise when you’re happy. Do not reply when you’re angry and do not decide when you’re sad.
- Control your anger, it’s only one letter away from danger.
- Anger doesn’t demand action. When you act in anger, you lose self-control. – Joe Hyams
- Be careful with your words when you are angry, they can be only forgiven, not forgotten
- When you can’t control what’s happening. Challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.
- A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough. – Bruce Lee
Everything is ok in moderation. The moment things start to get out of hands is the time when you need to buck up. Anger does no good to anyone. Instead learn to analyze and mend situations. That will be great for you in the external world and for your internal world too.
- Love Quotes To Send To Your Special Someone
- Best Moving On Quotes to Help You Heal
- Motivational Quotes To Inspire You To Be Successful
Follow Me on: