Mountain Quotes: Sure the mountains are calling. And more surely they call out to everyone. But they embrace only a few, the genuine and brave ones. I once heard someone say that when you start climbing a mountain, it repels you. It creates all the obstacles that it can to send you away. But in the last few steps, it actually pulls up everyone who was brave and patient enough to face all the obstacles on the way up. So I am pretty sure that the mountains call you, but you should be brave enough to go pay a visit. And we are here to motivate you to gather all of your bravery and willpower to reach a mountain top with these Mountain Quotes and Sayings.
Mountains are in a way intimidating but peaceful; intimidating because of their gigantic appearance that towers upon the tallest of the beings like a deity. And peaceful because even after holding enormous power in itself, it stands calm and quiet in its own world, not disturbing anything or anyone, but just embracing all the disturbed souls that find their way to a mountain for peace.
So take a look at these Mountain Quotes and Sayings that will inspire you to not only be closer to them but also make you want to save them for the upcoming generation so that they can enjoy such beauty too:
1. “Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains.” – William Shakespeare
2. “I learn something every time I go into the mountains.” – Michael Kennedy
3. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
4. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
5. “It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills.” – William Arthur Ward
6. “Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved.” – William Arthur Ward
7. “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
8. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
9. “Every man should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life.” – Werner Herzog
10. “Your faith can move mountains and your doubt can create them.” – Swami Vivekananda
11. “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” – Chinese Proverb
12. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” – William Blake
13. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
14. “The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down.” – Jeanne Moreau
15. “Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves, and half in love with oblivion.” – Robert Macfarlane
16. “Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.” – Khalil Gibran
17. “The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.”– Robert M. Pirsig
18. “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
19. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more that what we could learn from books.” – John Lubbock
20. “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
21. “The farthest mountain is the one you think you can never reach and it may even be just by the side of you!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
22. “Mountains are only a problem when they are bigger than you. You should develop yourself so much that you become bigger than the mountains you face.” – Idowu Koyenikan
23. “Life’s a bit like mountaineering – never look down.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
24. “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls.” – Lori Lansens
25. “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” – Marianne Williamson
26. “If you need me, you can find me in the mountains” – Unknown
27. “There’s no time to be bored in world as beautiful as this” – Unknown
28. “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
29. “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself, the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” — Paulo Coelho
30. “The choices we make lead up to actual experiences. It is one thing to decide to climb a mountain. It is quite another to be on top of it.” – Herbert A. Simon
31. “Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
32. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.’’ – Casey Neistat
33. “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think of the view from the top” – Unknown
34. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
35. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
36. “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!” – Nyki Mack
37. “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
38. “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts, and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty.” – Victoria Erikson
39. “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.” – Tyler Knott
40. “Nature is one of the most underutilized treasures in life. It has the power to unburden hearts and reconnect to that inner place of peace.” – Janice Anderson
41. “When life gives you mountains put on your boots and hike.” – Unknown
42. “I like the mountains because they make me feel small. They help me sort out what’s important in life.”― Mark Obmascik
43. “In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.”– Robert Green Ingersoll
44. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
45. “What a glorious greeting the sun gives the mountains” – John Muir
46. “The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call.” – Angie Weiland-Crosby
47. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
48. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” – John Mackey
49. “I’m always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I’ll build a new one.” – Sylvester Stallone
Quotes About Climbing Mountains
50. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
51. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
52. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
53. “The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows.” – Sam Cummings
54. “You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.” – Tom Hiddleston
55. “Highest of heights, I climb this mountain and feel one with the rock and grit and solitude echoing back at me.” – Bradley Chicho
56. “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain – he is inspired by it.” – William Arthur Ward
57. “Our task, regarding creativity, is to help children climb their own mountains, as high as possible. No one can do more.” – Loris Malaguzzi
58. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” ― David McCullough Jr.
59. “Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it’s a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.” – Unknown
60. “Climbing is my art; I get so much joy and gratification from it.” – Jimmy Chin
61. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
Short Mountain Quotes
62. “Coffee, Mountains, Adventure” – Unknown
63. “All good things are wild and free.” – Unknown
64. “Go wild, for a while” – Unknown
65. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
66. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
67. “Going to the mountains is like going home” – John Muir
68. “If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.” – Unknown
69. “When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart.” – Dan May
70. “A little more altitude, a little less attitude” – Unknown
71. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” – Sir Martin Conway
72. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”– Unknown
73. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
74. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Unknown
75. “Hike more. Worry Less.”– Unknown
76. “Go where you feel most alive.” – Unknown
77. “Nothing lives long, Only the earth and mountains.” – Dee Brown
78. “How wild it was to let it be.” – Cheryl Strayed
79. “Life is better in hiking boots.” – Unknown
Funny Mountain Quotes
80. Let’s tall it a day.
81. One more climb.
82. Right as terrain.
83. Choose whatever you hike.
84. On your hike.
85. I’m on a winning peak.
86. The mountain of youth.
87. Let’s play hide and peak.
88. This is in mount condition.
89. You need to change your altitude.
90. Ain’t no mountain highland enough.
91. Action-peaked adventure.
92. Don’t sweat the tall stuff.
93. The Climb Minister.
94. Mount me in!
95. Three hikes and you’re out.
96. Hill out.
97. Right up your valley.
98. Canyon help me out?
99. From crags to riches.
100. Mount your blessings.
Mountains are tough, but maybe they are not tough enough to withstand the pollution spread by us humans. So what we should so along with enjoying our mountains is save them, save them from plastic and garbage, save them for our children. So be responsible and enjoy nature.
- Camping Quotes to Wake Up the Adventurer in You
- Meditation Quotes To Give You Peace Of Mind
- Peace Quotes To Help Us Calm Our Minds
- Happiness Quotes To Make You Happy
- Forgiveness Quotes To Forgive Someone
- Self Love Quotes To Help You Love Yourself
Follow Me on: